Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This Stage of My Life

So, I don't have a ton of time, but I thought that it might be okay to tell you about what I've been learning one day at a time.
Thus, I will start with the first point of the list I created yesterday. The first point was about the stage of life that the Lord has me in, and one of the descriptors for this stage is Single.
The last night that we spent at Amy's cabin, the Lord was bringing to my attention a lot of things. One of these things was being content in my singleness. I am flirt, as we are all aware. And basically, the Lord confronted me, and basically asked, "Why are you trying to fight the place I've put you? You're there for a reason." That place, as said before, is my singleness. Through much of my flirtatiousness, I was basically telling God that I am not okay with His plan for right now. BUT, I want to be. Practically, what that means for right now, is being intentional about hanging with the girls and not so much the boys, holding back on the flirting (this is HARD for me, but I'm learning!), and saying short prayers throughout the day to keep my eyes on the Lord.
I am struggling through and learning what it looks like to find all my contentment first and foremost in the Lord. I'm no-where near the end of this lesson, but I am a few steps closer than I was at the beginning of this semester.
Prayer requests: While I am trying to keep focused on the Lord and on my gal pals, it makes the smaller gestures that guys do seem that much bigger now. I'm struggling on not over-analyzing things, so if you think about it, pray that the Lord gives me the strength to tell myself the truth, and plainly, that I just don't try to look for the gestures--that I see things for what they really are. Thanks
So, now I should truly get back to homework. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, Cassie! I'll be praying for sure.

    ReplyDelete