The Lord has taught me so much in the past couple of months. It's crazy how pain and struggle can push you the closest to the Lord.
Tonight, I was spending time with the Lord when He challenged me on something. He pointed out how sometimes falling on my face and consequently pushing away God has been the very thing that helps me come back to Him and listen. But then He asked me if I would let a friend do the same thing. I didn't hear an audible voice, but God was telling me, "Cassie, what I'm asking of you will hurt a lot. They will hurt you, they will hurt themselves, and they're going to hurt Me too. But are you willing to let them so that I can be glorified in the end?"
Even having God ask this of me hurts. But I want to obedient.
So this is my prayer request. I want to stay strong and obedient to the Lord, but "hands-off" on whatever this means for my friend. And I ask for peace about it. Because right now, my soul is warring at this concept. I do not want to let a friend make big mistakes, but the Lord is in control, not me.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I definitely don't know the particulars (though I can guess a few?), but I'd want to critique something that you maybe just forgot to add. The Bible never gives us permission to let our friends fall into sin in the same way God does in his sovereignty. We are held accountable for each other, so even though that might be happening, I don't think we should ever take a hands-off stance in our prayers and words towards our friends... that's kind of playing God. You probably know this, but since you didn't write it out explicitly, I wanted to say it. And I'm sure we'll talk about it later. :) Praying for you, Cassie!
ReplyDelete