Ecclesiastes 3: 10-11~ I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
The beginning of verse 11, "He has made everything beautiful in its time," has been the theme of what the Lord has been teaching me this school year. Now, let me grant you a bit of a preface. First semester was busy and I was frustrated with the Northwestern way of life. This made me push away people from Northwestern, especially Northwestern girls, and pushed me to find friends in the strangest of places...a coffee shop. Most of you reading know that I'm referring to my "secret place" and most of you have probably been forced into listening to my stories of the people I've met there. I'm sorry that I cannot shut my mouth sometimes, but I'm still excited about those people. :) That first semester was completely beautiful.
But something happened finals week. I made plans with people, and plans failed, as they sometimes do. And from this, I was hurt. Then I went home for break, sat in front of the TV, and waited for the time when I could come back to Minnesota. It has come, and it has come with a roar! You see, I had a birthday party. The people I had distanced myself from in the first semester were the ones who came and filled the night with so much more than I could have asked for! (Thank you so much!) The ones who I had made my friends to distance myself from the others were the ones who did not show. They had made other plans. And that's okay, but you see, God made everything beautiful in its time. First semester, I needed to learn about God from all those other people, but this semester, God has blessed me so much in showing me all the wonderful people around me!! I am blessed, and sometimes I can forget about that so easily. But then, I look behind me, see what's there, and then I look what's right in front of me, see what's there too, and then I know...truly know...that the Lord has made EVERYTHING beautiful in its time!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cassi, i think you are such a beautiful gem that God is changing and morphing into an even more beautiful godly woman :)
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing your day with all of us!!