Acts 17:25, 27~
"And [God] is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each of us."
So, I'm sitting here in the library reading this passage. First, I come to verse 25, and it makes me feel so small and insignificant. Why did God, if he did not need me, make me? What's my purpose then?
But then verse 27 comes along. He made me because he wants me to know, reach out, and find him. It's not about me, its about the Lord.
And as I write this, the thoughts that come to my head as I type make me think, "Wow, my instance thoughts about the Word, and life in general, are ones of selfishness." I think that this is my greatest struggle. I don't think, I know.
I ask for help in this area, because I know that I think, talk, and act far too often on things that are only to benefit myself. If you catch me the act, will you please stop me? I don't want to be centered on myself, I want only to be centered on the God the Father. For only he is good.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like it that when you say you want people to confront you, you actually mean it.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on it. :) And I'm praying.