Saturday, March 21, 2009

Learning About My Blessings

I just read through all the blogs I've posted and in doing so, I noticed not only the typing errors that I've made, but the life errors that I am still making. I feel as though I have back-tracked on a lot of the progress I've made in the past couple of months. And a lot of that back-tracking is from basing my reactions on how others, especially the men in my life, are treating me.

I'm still learning...everyday learning. And like I said in my first blog, it's perfect. Whether it's a good or bad day, it doesn't matter, it's still perfect. But the fact is, I am still learning and I still have a long way's to go in finding my satisfaction wholly in the Lord.

Another thing I'm learning, although quite different from the topic above, is that I am super blessed to have the people in my life that I do! I know that I am, but it's good to have it hit me in the face periodically to reopen my eyes to the enormity of that fact. For instance, I am freakishly blessed to have friends who will sit at the dentist with me for 6 hours and patiently deal with me when I become so frustrated to the point of throwing things! Who else does that?!? Only great friends would do that...thank you.
And while that example only pertains to 2 of the members of BCF, you all have showed me through various things the fact that you are great friends. I wish that I could express my gratitude to you more clearly than I will ever be able to.

But with all of this, I just want to point back to the Lord. I would not be me and you all would not be yourselves if it wasn't for our Father in heaven.
Thank you Lord for Your many blessings!

3 comments:

  1. God is so amazing to provide us with everything we need, whether that's great friends or lessons we have to learn :) it's cool to see Him working, isn't it? i love looking back at old posts or old journal entries. it's just sweet...yeah. thanks cassie. you just reminded me of something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. god is so cool :)
    and praise god for the bessing YOU are to all of us cassi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that God is working on you Cassie! As for the "back-tracking," it happens sometimes...not that we want it to, but sometimes it does feel like we're moving backwards. Just remember that He has a purpose for everything in your life! Nothing happens by chance! Keep following after Him and He won't desert you!

    "The lot is cast into the lap, but every decision is from the LORD" Proverbs 16:33
    What's happening is happening for a reason!

    ReplyDelete