Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spent Valuables

So, this isn't completely thought out yet, but I thought I would get it out here before I just won't. Hope that made sense...:)
Anywho,
James 4:3~When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
>So, when I saw the word spend this time, I saw a whole new aspect of what that means. Not only can I spend my money on what "pleases" me, but even more so, I spend my emotions and my time on those things-and in my mind, those are far more valuable. And this goes back to my last post, in that relating who I am as a person at this time should not be on the emotions and time I spend with the guys or various other people in my life, but the emotions and time I spend with the Lord. I want to be receiving what I ask for, because I'm asking the Lord for the things what He wants, not me and my pleasures.

And with all of this, a couple verses later it talks about how good God is to us. Read on!
James 4:5-6a~ Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely? But he gives us more grace.
>The Lord caused the spirit to live in us, so that He could show us more grace. Even when we mess up and look for fulfillment and pleasure in all the wrong places. I'm really thankful for the God I serve. I'm a wreck, yet He still shows me so much grace, patience, and most of all, love.

>I was spending time with my accountability partner yesterday, and she told me a cool story about grace. She didn't send in an assignment in time, and in the e-mail she sent to her professor, she wrote that she didn't have any excuses, but she was asking for some grace with the assignment. The professor wrote back saying that she would extend the grace to her, that it was no big deal seeing as she hadn't even started grading the assignment yet, but don't abuse grace.
Isn't that how we should view the grace the Lord gives us?? It's no big deal, he'll give it to us freely and willingly, but that doesn't mean we should abuse it.

I hope you all have a good day, and I hope that what the Lord is teaching me can be a blessing to you!

Grace and peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment