During the first half of this semester, I was so excited to get into God's Word. I was just plain excited about what the Lord was doing...period. But as the semester has worn on, I have lost much of that excitement. I haven't been as diligent about getting into the Word, and when I do, nothing really speaks to me. But I think most of this is me and my attitude.
So, for the past couple of days I have been reading Romans 8. I read it all the way through one day and then put my Bible aside, not really comprehending it but feeling satisfied that I put in my "Bible" time. But the next time I opened my Bible, I read the chapter again. And the next time, and then the next time. I just reread it over and over this past week. I can't explain to you why, and I still haven't grasped it all yet.
Vs. 35, "Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"
The past couple of days, and especially today, I have been praying and thinking that I want to be committed to the Lord, regardless of how I feel. I want to pursue His Word with energy, even when it's not exciting. So what then is making me feel cut off from God if none of things in verse 35 is the case? Me. I need to pursue God at all times, especially with the right attitude. And not because I need or want to either...but because He who has saved and called me is faithful and deserves it.
Vs. 37, "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM who loved us (!)."
So, I pretty much already covered this point, but oh well. None of the things in verse 35 is sufficient to cut me off from God because through Christ, we are already more than conquerors over them (our sin nature). Christ is sufficient. He can bring me to the right spot before the Lord. If I am willing to go, that is.
Obedience. That's the word that sums this whole thought process up. Yep. Obedience.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

obedience. aaaaaaagggggghhhh!! what a hard concept for me. and yet so totally the case! this is cool to hear cassie :) romans 8 has been close to me this year too, so hearing another take on it is really good. thanks for the sharing
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing cassie! There are definitely times when I feel the same way - I'm so excited and on fire for what God is teaching me or how close I feel to Him, but then there's other times when I just don't feel His presence. I've recognized that it's my fault, but I don't always know what to do about it, or how exactly to change my heart...
ReplyDeleteI probably would have skipped my devos today until I read this, I am gonna go into it with a good attitude too :) Thanks!
ReplyDelete