Friday, February 19, 2010

Confusion and Confession

Reading through Matthew 26 and questions and observations were brought forth in my mind.
First: In verse 25, after Jesus tells his disciples that one will betray him, Judas asks Jesus, "Surely not I, Rabbi?" to which Jesus responded, "Yes, it is you." I am so confused about this verse because there is no reaction reported. No one stood up and threatened him, Judas doesn't sulk away at this point, nobody does nothing. I know that this probably isn't the case, but Matthew choose not to disclose anything else on the matter. Why? It kind of seems like a big deal to me.

Second: I think that I'm a lot like Peter. I will stand up and be boastful about my relationship with the Lord at times, but there are other times where I will deny him time and again. In the end, I always come back to Lord, but praise Jesus that he is patient with me!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone knew exactly what "betraying Jesus" would entail... how could they know that betraying Jesus would bring his death? They could have been expecting that it would be something small, like Judas stealing money or leaving Jesus altogether, or something like that? And Jesus also told Peter that he would deny Jesus 3 times with not much of a response from anyone but Peter.

    ReplyDelete