Romans 6:2~ We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
When my children look back on my life, what will they see? What will be the image they conjure up of their mother in the days of her youth? Will they see only good or bad? Will they see a hypocrite?
I think that its important for them to know the truth. I am a sinner. Sometimes it seems that I'm the biggest sinner, even in comparison to some of those who have no faith in Christ.
I did die to sin, but my sinner self wants to go back to what it knows.
*It knows that its "easier" to try to ignore the fact that I don't want to say the truth because of the possibility of being the bad guy and no more free rides.
*It knows that maintaining a relationship with Jesus takes effort, when all I seem to want to do is live the "easy" life.
*It knows that doing my best takes effort too.
*It knows that I'm selfish, and It tries to maintain that. Because when I'm selfish, I am that much closer to being one of the cool kids.
But Jesus killed It. Now it's my choice to live in its rot or to live in His salvation.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Don't be a princess living in filth...
ReplyDelete