Girls, when you had a bad day, who did you instinctively want to run to? Did you go straight to your best friend, your mom, God... who? I have always wanted to instinctively run to my closest guy friend at the time because they were always the better listeners, they didn't try to remedy the situation with a story from their own life, and they gave far better hugs. No offense girls :)
Have any of you felt that way??
I wish this wasn't my initial thought and desire. I want my first instinct to be to run straight my Father in Heaven. He doesn't send me mixed signals, He has a far better "embrace," and He listens to me until I've talked myself blue in the face. What a great God we serve! Now, hopefully I can remember to run to Him the next time I have a bad day.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh man! "they didn't try to remedy the situation with a story from their own life." too true. but dang. i do this ALL THE TIME. it's gotten ridiculous. if anybody hears me doing this, please stop me! i'm working on it. seriously though. like, slap me. cassie i know i can count on you to do that! ;)
ReplyDeleteyou hit the nail on the head cassi!!! i feel EXACTLY the same way. there is something so comforting about a guy's perspective (or lack there of) on your problems. lucky for me, i've had to change a lot of that since coming to school since the guys i'd do that to are back home in new jersey (kind of hard to hug - and they're a little bad on the phone, lol)
ReplyDeletecrap...that was just a story from my own life....
well that said, i agree and struggle with it and desire to run to the Lord as same as you. I'll be praying for ya sistah!!!
stupid boys and their comfy/strong/comforting hugs.....
maybe we should just learn how to hug like a guy!!