I do not understand, nor do I really feel God's love. I'm no pagan, but at the same time I'm honest.
There is only one love that I've ever been able to "feel" and that's the love I've received from my mother. I know from the depths of my being that she does, and it's because this love is so known that I can say that I feel it. Sure, I have the knowledge that there are other loves out there and that others have loved me, but I've never felt the certainty of their love. And this makes me doubt it. Even the love of God.
But here's the kicker: I know that God is sure and true to His word. His word says that He is love. I may not understand or feel that now, but I know that I will in due time. Because He is the essence of love, His love will ever surpass that of which my mother has shown and is still showing me. And her's is a big love.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's true. God loves you more than she does. And you're right--you'll be completely sure of it, inside and out, someday. The fact that you feel love at all, though, is God's gracious love. Even if the love is her's, it's only possible because God's love is there first. That make sense? I don't know if I've ever thought about it that much, but yeah. If God's the definition of love, there can't be any love without him. Yeah.
ReplyDelete