Went to a dance club thing for the indie kids who can't dance. I've done it before, I'll probably do it again. But hopefully with new eyes.
I love those people. I judge them sometimes too. But what it comes down to is that most of the time, part of me wishes I could be just as cool, just like them. A part of their world.
I've gotten too close to that point. Being a part of their world means part of me will have to deny Christ. Being part of their world means becoming worldly. And I've gone too far in.
This is my third time going. This time, my friend Heather came along. She opened my eyes.
Before my worldly eyes had been looking past all the perversion, seeing only the "exciting" world of the indie kids. I didn't see the people who were trying to fill their lives with an exciting night at the club instead of the true fulfillment of Christ. I didn't see the people who had lost every concept of the pure, intimate image of sex between husband and wife. I didn't see the people who found pleasure from escaping their problems for a moment through intoxication instead of rejoicing always in the Lord. I just didn't see the people who were bound to hell. Until my eyes were opened.
We were given the Great Commission, and with good reason. Once upon a time, I felt that need for others to come to Christ. But somewhere along the line, I lost that. I feel bad for the people that I've met in the past 6-9 months, especially the ones that just don't know. I didn't see the need to tell them anything about Christ.
I don't want to be worldly. I don't want to be blind. I want to see the way, the truth, and the life. And I want Christ to help me point everybody else to that as well.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment