Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Two-Cents

Over break, my mom got me a job back home packing diabetic syringes. Praise the LORD! I needed the job, so as not to go into a brief lapse of college poverty. But that's not the point. While I was there, I realized a few things.
First is this: THANK YOU GUYS for have AMBITIONS!!! Many of the guys that I worked with had very few ambitions for their lives. They couldn't see past their world of working a job that requires no real thought, working for the weekend, and then going to bars and drinking. I guess, in a sense, it's good that they know what it is to be content. But it's also so disappointing and frustrating to experience people who do not wish to challenge themselves to improve their lives. Basically my point is this: I thank you sooo much guys for striving for goals, whether those goals are spiritually, mentally, educationally, or life goals. I'm pretty sure that I can speak for all the girls when I say that we appreciate this aspect in you and that we're proud of you too.
Second is this: I want to stop swearing as much. I do not think swearing is a sin, but I realized that people who swear often just sound like "trailer trash." Sorry if that sounds harsh, but while working my job over break, I heard many a middle-age or older lady use curse words as everyday vocabulary, which only made them appear unintelligent and not classy.
That's my two-cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment