Friday, April 9, 2010

Good Words

Something I've already known, but has been reiterated in my life recently...it is so good to spend quality time in God's word. I've been reading in Deuteronomy lately, and this morning 32:47 stuck out: "They are not just idle words for you--they are your life." This comes after a warning to the Israelites of how easy it will be for them to follow idols, but I think that it's a statement that could be applied to all of Scripture. The Bible is not merely a book filled with text that is meaningless,idle words, but rather it is a book filled with words that draw us closer to our Maker.

Also, when I spend quality time in the Word, my prayer life is much more fruitful. My desire to speak with the Lord is often correlated to how much time I spend listening to what He has to say in His Word. And it feels so good to be closer to Him.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool... Erik just showed me those verses last week or so, and then I just came across them this last week, too!

    ReplyDelete