Bad weeks...they happen.
But so do good ones.
I came back to my room last Friday and my roommate asked me how my day was. Being me, I just told her the straight up truth. I told her that I had another bad day. That the day started off good, and I thought that I might have a good day, but then I didn't. I just keep having bad days.
But she followed up with some very wise words: "Cassie, as hard as it is, you DO have a choice."
So, I made a choice and went to the Stacheworth BBQ. I was still sad, but I made a choice to make the most of my night. And I ended up having fun. Maybe not the best night I've ever experienced, but it was still a good night.
The next night, I made a point to get out of my room and try to make the most of my Saturday night. Because of that, my friend Bethany and I stumbled across a bike rave (the bicycling community got a parade permit, rode their bikes around to various spots in Minneapolis with a DJ both and raved)! A BIKE RAVE!! We made some new friends, got offered alcohol (we of course declined), and got asked about Northwestern (a sweet way to nonchalantly share our faith/testimony!).
Sunday and Monday were good fellowship days. I love my church so much. I feel so blessed to have found Hope. Then on Monday nights, I have church small group, which I have also come to love. In this group I have found a mentor who has graciously lent me her ear. These two days of fellowship refreshed me.
As for this school week, it's just been one of those weeks where I feel like strutting around campus confidently with a smile radiating from my face. For no real reason. And I worked on my Daniel paper in the library (where I spent some time with Christine making faces and imaging what it must be like to be one of the construction workers) and finished it. It's been a good week.
Might I just add, that sometimes a dress or some cowboy boots can make a world of difference in how I face the day. Silly but true.
One good week doesn't mean I won't still have my moments or bad days. I know that. But I also know that God has blessed me and has answered some prayers about understanding. I'm still waiting and hoping for Him to tell me some more things, and I'm trying to be patient.
As for some of the prayer I asked for last week regarding eating and sleeping... With my (so far) good week, my appetite has returned. As for sleeping, I'm still not getting lots of sleep, but its better quality sleep. The Lord is good in providing a busy week where I am sleep deprived so that when I climb into bed, I can just hit the hay. Last week, I was so tired, but when I would try to sleep I couldn't, and when I did, I would wake up multiple times and have trouble falling back to sleep. Needless to say, even though I'm not getting lots of sleep now, it's still answered prayer that I'm sleeping well when I do. Sorry for the ramblings about this, but it's good to share how faithful the Lord is.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

:)
ReplyDeletei'm blessed to have a friend who makes bunny faces with me and pleas for escape from confined construction worker's perspective :)
ReplyDeletei am also blessed that God has made your week a bit happier :) Praise the Lord for smiles!!!